Thursday, July 22, 2010

Mini Magazine Holder Tutorial

I found this Mini Magazine Holder tutorial on Inking Idaho and thought I'd share it for others to see. I think it's adorable. I can't wait to make one!
Start with cardstock 8 3/4" x 7 ". Click on picture to see the scoring and cutting lines.
Cut on the cut lines, score and pre-fold all score lines.Fold the bottom section up.
Fold the center sections that you've scored at 1 1/2" in the middle over the bottom section to make the sides of the box thicker and more stable.
Fold the top section up and inside the box.

I added Designer Series Paper 10" x 1 1/4 to the center section around the bottom. That size leaves you a 1/8" margin on the top and bottom. I added a piece of Sticky Strip all around and a ribbon. The 'notes' was done on the computer andpunched with the Word Window. It is about 1 1/8" long mounted on colored cardstock. I added Earth Elements Brads and attached the little label with Mini Glue Dots.
Finished project. It is about 4" x 3 1/4" x 1 1/2". Perfect for 3x3 note cards and envelopes.

No comments: